Sights and activities near “Agriturismo Felciano” vacation apartment at Panzano in Chianti
“Agriturismo Felciano” Chianti holiday apartment is situated at the end of a pathway leading up to the road to Panzano in Chianti. “Agriturismo Felciano” is surrounded by vineyards and olive groves that spread out on all sides, with oak and chestnut forests on some of the hilly ridges around about. Walking paths and dirt roads allow visitors to traverse these beautiful surroundings and to visit the farmhouses, villas and churches on foot and by car. During mushroom season, you can readily collect porcini mushrooms in the forest. Deer, wild boar and other wild animals are frequently to be seen (and heard!).
From “Agriturismo Felciano”, it’s a 20 minute walk to Panzano which has numerous shops, restaurants and a weekly open air market.
Here are some nearby places of interest. The red markers on the map below are links to some of the numerous sights easily accessible from “Agriturismo Felciano” by car.
- Panzano in Chianti – the charming hill top town within an easy walking distance from “Agriturismo Felciano”.
- Greve in Chianti – the market town of the Chianti Classico wine zone.
- Lamole in Chianti – hill top village with dramatic views out over Chianti.
- Montefioralle – fortified village dating from before the 11th century.
- The Pieve di San Cresci – this is the original parish church of Montefioralle.
- The Castle of Verrazzano, home of the navigator Giovanni da Verrazzano.
- Villa Vignamaggio, a Renaissance villa with a classical italianate garden.
- The Badia di Passignano – a large monastery the interior of which can be visited.